Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jayson Robert Blank is here!

Hello dear family and friends! Nick and I are ecstatic to announce that Jayson is finally here. Jayson Robert Blank was born on December 27, 2008 at 8:49 am. He weighed 7lb. 4 oz. and measured 19 3/4" long. He is healthy and such a good baby! I was able to have him vaginally with an epidural. With out it I think I would have died! I am just happy I didn't have a c-section. It can really limit the number of children you can have and I want to have as many as my body and our bank account can handle =) I was induced early because of complications from pre-eclampsia (or at least that's what they thought was the cause). On December 26th around 2pm I went to triage to get checked out because I was having really bad pain under my rib cage which is normally a symptom of the above mentioned condition. They noted my blood pressure which was in the 140's over 80's and also found out through blood work that my liver enzymes were high and another count was low (I can't recall what the other count was). They monitored me until about 6 pm before they were given the ok by my doctor and midwife to go ahead and induce me. They broke my water around 3 am and Jayson was born almost 6 hours later. Well two days after being released from the hospital, the pain under my rib cage returned and this time it was not going away on it's own like the previous time. I called my midwife and she told me to go to the ER and ask them to do an ultrasound on my gall bladder. I did just that and the following morning I was taken to surgery to have my gall bladder removed. I stayed one more day and then they finally released me. Nick and I had to leave Jayson with my family during my three day stay and it was so hard! I cried most the time, even after returning home and having him back I was still emotional about it all. Having to leave your son after only having him two days prior is so hard! So needless to say, Jayson's coming has been a rollercoaster, but Nick and I are just happy he is healthy. He is such a joy and a blessing, we couldn't have asked for a better son =)

4 comments:

torri said...

Tiffany! I'm so happy that your little Jayson is here! I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have to leave your son for three days after only having him for two! But I'm glad that now everything is doing well. I hope you are feeling well! Love ya!

SFHS Class of 2000 said...

tiffers! Sounds crazy! Glad you went back in like your midwife said too. that would be hard to have extra stuff to recover from too. Glad you are well now and the baby. I wanna see pics when you get them uploaded. congrats and have fun being a MOM!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are on the mend and everything is going better. HE is such a sweetie, I feel so lucky to have been able to hold the sweet little guy so soon after he came into this world. Did they find anything out about the liver stones??? Hope you are feeling great! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey Tiffany, its your cousin Sara! I just wanted to tell you congratulations. You need to get some pictures up soon so we can all see the cute little bundle!