Friday, September 26, 2008
Glucose test
Ok, so at 25 weeks pregnant, they do what is called a Glucose Test. You go into the Doctor's office and they have you drink 100 mg of this thick juice. You have to drink it in less than 5 minutes, and it tastes like hawaiian fruit punch - but worse! After you drink the stuff you have to wait an hour and then they take your blood and you go home. Well when the results came back they said my sugar was just barely too high but I need to come back in to do a 3 hour test. I went in Yesterday to re-do the test, and after the first hour I puked! So they made me go home and I have to go back on Tuesday to RE-RE-DO the glucose test =( So needless to say I am not a happy camper... I will keep you posted on what my new results are and if I have gestational diabetes (which is the main purpose for this test).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey tiff, so you went in to do the 3 hr test or they were just ging to redo the prick on your finger test??? I have had gestational diabetes with all three of mine. I think we are more sensitive to getting it, given gma's history with it. Anyway, the three hour test is a killer, but needed. Good luck and tell me what you find out. I could give you some menu ideas etc, because it is pretty frustrating trying to come up with some. let's just say that brad lost 18 lbs in three weeks after following the diabetes diet with me...it is hard, i cried a lot because of osme of the restrictions. If you do have it though, you will feel 90% better if you follow the diet guidelines then if you don't, and i have sme pretty good treat substitues too. Let me know, i will help you and if you just wanna scream, call me!!! I know how you feel.
TIff I am sorry, that totally stinks, we were just all at lunch and you were talking about how much you hated that and then to have to re-do it. I heard that they were going to let you eat a snicker instead of the juice so you don't puke again, that is pretty cool. I hope and pray you don't have it, keep us posted. We missed you last night, the party wasn't complete without you.
Tiff!
Pregnant??!?!?
Congratulations (even though you don't feel very excited, I'm sure, as you down the nasty glucose drink...)
I saw "The ____'S" on Jennie's blog, and thought 'Hmmmm...', and sure enough, it was you!
You guys seem great and I hope your pregnant body isn't too uncomfy yet. I love you lots!
Val
Post a Comment