Saturday, October 18, 2008

28 weeks!

I had another appointment last week and everything was great. I now have my appointments every two weeks instead of 4. I was instructed to start doing the fetal kick counts each day and that has been going well too. He is quite an active little boy, so I only have to count for a couple minutes, which is so much better than having to lie still for 2 hours! I am getting quite a few braxton hicks contractions now, but not enough to be concerned about. My midwife told me if I have more than 4 in an hour then I need to drink 32 oz. of water and lie down for an hour. If they still continue after that, then I will need to go to labor and delivery. So far I haven't had to do that, phew! I am officially 7 months now and it's becoming more and more real that Nick and I are going to be parents quite soon. I can not wait! I am very eager to have him here with us every day to watch him grow. Nick is just as excited! He has become so comfortable with my newest neice, Claire, so I know he will take quickly to his own son and be able to jump right into the Father mode. I think changing diapers will be his only challenge hahaha... Oh and I DO NOT have gestational diabetes (thank goodness)! I had to ask at this last appointment because they never called, and my test was negative! I am still watching my sugar intake though. I don't want to risk anything. Thanks again to all who have commented, we appreciate the well wishes.

2 comments:

SFHS Class of 2000 said...

you lucky dog you!!! Hooray for no gestational diabetes...why am I the lucky one out of the family to have it??? Good for you though enjoy sticking to your normal diet. ;) Tell emi hi for me. I don't ever check my facebook much. Is she ever going to come up with your padres? Or did that fall through. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Yay no diabetes!!!!!! I love that you are almost there! I can't wait to see your little man! I also can't wait till your shower, I got him the cutest little outfit EVeR!